TEACHING main site
Edited by Merritt Moseley
Submission of book reviews has been suspended.
Reviews, beginning with most recent
Archived reviews from 1996,
- Entered 2/29/08
- Ideas That Work In College Teaching. Edited by Robert L. Badger. Albany: State University of New York Press, 2008. Review by Merritt Moseley, UNC Asheville.
- Entered 11/21/07
- Connecting Non Full-time Faculty to Institutional Mission: A Guidebook for College/University Administrators and Faculty Developers. By Leora Baron-Nixon. Sterling, VA: Stylus, 2007. Review by Paul Dezendorf, UNC Asheville.
- Entered 07/19/07
- Rethinking Faculty Work and Workplaces: Higher Education’s Strategic Imperative. By J. M. Gappa, A. E. Austin, and A. G. Trice. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass: 2007. Review by Margaret Snooks, University of Houston-Clear Lake.
- Entered 07/13/07
- Personal Tutoring in Higher Education. Edited by Liz Thomas and Paula Hixenbaugh. Stoke-on-Trent, UK and Sterling, VA: Trentham Books, 2006. Review by Merritt Moseley, UNC Asheville
- Entered 03/01/07
- The Skillful Teacher: On Technique,Trust, and Responsiveness in the Classroom (Second Edition). By Stephen Brookfield. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2006. Review by Merritt Moseley, UNC Asheville.
- Entered 01/04/07
- Learning in Real Time: Synchronous Teaching and Learning Online. By Jonathan E. Finkelstein. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2006. Review by Bryan S. Schaffer, UNC Asheville.
- Entered 10/12/06
- Evaluating Faculty Performance: A Practical Guide to AssessingTeaching, Research, and Service. By Peter Seldin. Bolton, Massachusetts: Anker Publishing, 2006. Review by Gwen McNeill Ashburn, UNC Asheville.
- Entered 10/10/06
- The Spirit of Service: Exploring Faith, Service, and Social Justice in Higher Education. Edited Brian T. Johnson and Carolyn R. O’Grady. Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing, 2006. Review by Lynette Moore Sandley, Samford University.
- Entered 09/01/06
- Thirteen Strategies to Measure College Teaching. By Ronald A. Berk. Sterling, VA: Stylus, 2006. Review by Gary B. Nallan, UNC Asheville.
- Teaching First-Year College Students (Revised and Expanded Edition of Teaching College Freshmen). By Bette LaSere Erickson, Calvin B. Peters, and Diane Welner Strommer. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2006. Review by Merritt Moseley, UNC Asheville
- Entered 07/07/06
- Creating a New Kind of University: Institutionalizing Community-University Engagement. Edited by Stephen L. Percy, Nancy L. Ximpher, and Mary Jane Brukardt. Bolton, MA: Anker, 2006. Review by Merritt Moseley, UNC Asheville.
- Entered 06/02/06
- Teaching Defiance: Stories and Strategies for Activist Educators. by Michael Newman. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 2006. Review by John Wood, UNC Asheville.
- Entered 05/16/06
- Assessing General Education Programs. By Mary J. Allen. Bolton, MA: Anker, 2006. Review by Terrel L. Rhodes, Portland State University.
- Entered 05/10/06
- Enhancing Scholarly Work in Teaching and Learning: Professional Literature That Makes a Diffference. By Maryellen Weimer. San Francisco, CA: Jossey-Bass, 2006. Review by Patrice K. Gray, Fitchburg State College.
- Entered 03/29/06
- Leaving the Lectern: Cooperative Learning and the First Critical Days of Students Working in Groups. By Dean A. McManus. Bolton, MA: Anker, 2005. Review by Bruce Larson, UNC Asheville.
- Entered 03/27/06
- Team-Based Learning:A Transformative Use of Small Groups in College Teaching. Edited by Larry K. Michaelsen, Arletta Bauman Knight, and L. Dee Fink. Sterling, VA: Stylus Publishing, 2004. Review by Lori Houghton Wright, University of the Virgin Islands, St. Croix
- Entered 03/22/06
- Aligning for Learning: Strategies for Effective Teaching. Ed.Donald H. Wulff. Bolton, MA: Anker Publishing Company, Inc. Review by Margaret K. Snooks, University of Houston-Clear Lake.
Return to top